Sunday, May 30, 2010

Vacation day 8

Morning-Today was the day to walk down the creek to see if I could find my bait traps. I put them in just before the last storm dumped rain on us so I have been thinking they were either gone or destroyed. I found all three. One was unharmed, one was damaged but I think I can save it and the third was pretty much a total loss. Two out of three ain't bad. Suprisingly, one had a few sunfish, chubs and crawdads in it. They were turned loose because it wasn't enough to make it worth the effort to carry a bucket of water the mile back to the truck.
Evening-I took my nephew Brody out on the river this evening. He caught 7 or 8 channel cats in about 30 minutes using just one pole. He had a dry spell that lasted about 5 minutes, got bored and wanted to go home. The stink bait was really working. I tried sunfish for about 15 minutes with no luck. Brody wanted to steer the boat on the way back to the ramp and I'm here to tell about it so I guess he did OK. I started calling him Captain Catfish. Thats his new name. Lots of fish being caught, mostly smaller ones though. Several ropes were hanging off the back of the dam.

No comments:

Post a Comment