Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vacation day 5

Morning-I didn't get up real early this morning but then again I didn't plan to either. Was probably on the river by 8. Tried several different spots in the tailrace below the dam at Oakland. Even donated a 16 pound anchor to the rocks of the Skunk River. It got hung up and I couldn't get it loose. Ok, we're off to a good start. I'm sorry, the good start started when I hooked up the boat this morning and noticed that one of the quality, plastic fenders on my quality "American made" trailer was broken. It took hours to catch 4 fish. Using my math, that is an hour and fifteen minutes per fish. Plenty of nap time today. No bites on sunfish, A few chubs, and a few pieces of cut shad caught the 4 fish I mentioned earlier. In another boat they were using stinkbait with some success, Ok, more success than I was having.
Evening- I decided I would have a lot better chance of catching catfish if I went to the river than I would if I sat at home on the couch. Guess what? I could have caught just as many fish on the couch as I caught on the river tonight. Some where between 2 and 3 hours of fishing and not one fish. What can I say? I am out of excuses. I saw one person on the dam catch a flathead that probably measured 10 inches long. This is getting frustrating. Anyone want to buy a boat?

No comments:

Post a Comment