Saturday, May 22, 2010

Vacation day 3

Morning-Time to get some chores done. I had to get my truck cleaned out, inside and out. Fishing gear and clothes were piling up to the point that something had to be done. The yard is trimmed out and I will mow it when it a little later. I'm also helping out with the laundry. I have no problem helping out around the house and I also have no problem being down at the river 8 to 10 hours at a time. The kids are raised and the work is done, its time to fish! I think I will try to put the boat in this afternoon.
Afternoon-Slipped the boat into the river around 3:30, was fishing at about 4 and fished until 6:30. Not a bite. We tried sunfish and chubs most of the time and stink bait right at the end for about 15 minutes. Nothing. Water dropped about a foot since yesterday, fishing is off. A connection? I think so. Mixed reports from some guys running bank poles. One group reported two channel cat and one flathead. Another reported 14 with no breakdown by species. Two over 20 though. Nothing happening with bank and dam fishermen either. Several people were doing a lot of work to net only a few shad.

No comments:

Post a Comment