Sunday, May 23, 2010

Vacation day 4

Morning-Went to the river around 7:30 to catch some shad. There were a few shad running. It took about a half hour to catch 10. The most in one net was 2. They were the smallest, about 8 inches. Most were large ones, about a foot long. The river had dropped about another 18 inches since yesterday afternoon, about 18 hours. A few were rying to fish but it is still pretty slow. The wife said I have to go to a graduation party around lunch time today. Later today I'll probably try to catch some more shad for the freezer. You can never have enough bait.

I have been putting them in ziplooc bags, submerging the bag in water to get the air out, then squeezing as much water out of the bag as possible before zipping it up.

Afternoon-I did make it down to the river again this afternoon and caught a few more shad, 11 I think. Fairly slow, just as the morning was. Very few people at the river. I bumped into a gentlemen that I have talked to on the phone just a couple times. Terry was down at Oakland throwing a cast net and putting a few shad in the bucket. Like me, he is waiting for the weather and the rivers to settle down so we can do some fishing. He built his own bait trap and put it in the creek this morning. I'm hoping he catches a bucket of bait. It's my reputation on the line.

Well, it is back to work tomorrow. I have to work until Wednesday and continue my vacation starting Thursday and going right through the following week.

Good Luck, Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment