Saturday, May 8, 2010

I thought it was spring

I woke up to cold and wind this morning and decided not to get up until the dogs demanded to go out. We made it until about 7:15. Checked the river only to find that absolutely nothing was going on. Took a ride to the big city and checked out a couple outdoor stores in Iowa City and Coralville. Because the wind took my hat a week or two ago, I needed a new one. Problem solved. This one has a clip to clip to the collar of your shirt so you can't lose it. Got home, cut the grass and headed back to the river. Nearly everybody down there had at least 1 or 2 small flatheads. They were taking nightcrawlers. I just happened to have a couple rods and a bucket of sunfish in the truck so I decided to give it a whirl. I ended up with 2 flatheads and missed a chance at the third. I was wishing I had some chubs to string up. When it got dark and cold I decided it was time to head for the house.

If you have been able to get out and catch some, let us know at sliprig.com. It will qualify you for the drawing in December for an Abu Garcia 6500C3.

No comments:

Post a Comment