Friday, May 21, 2010

Vacation day 2

Morning-Rain. What a surprise. Spending the night in a lazyboy lawn chair on the river bank Wednesday night was rough but I might have caught up on my sleep now. Time to do it all over again! When the rain moves out of here I need to run the bait traps that have been in for three days now. Probably hit the river this afternoon or this evening and stay the night again.
Afternoon-I did run the bait traps and to be honest it was no where near fun. Naturally everything was wet from the rain and the humidity must have broken the triple digit threshold. Despite it being a lot more work than fun, I did end up with quite a bit of bait. We're going to hit the river late this afternoon or early evening. I will be more prepared than I was the other night. Overalls in the third week of May. It may be crazy but it is necessary.

If your weather is cooperating and your fishing is good, let us know at sliprig.com. Hey, thats all you have to do to win the Abu Garcia reel in December. I'm the only person on the planet that isn't eligible to win the reel and thats not cool with me but thats the way it is. Check out sliprig.com to find out more
Night-We didn't make it through the night. It is 10 p.m. and I'm home. In the four and a half hours we fished we didn't catch one catfish. The perch seem to have settled into the area and taken over because that is all that was being caught. I won't even bother saying how many perch I caught. I'm embarrassed. A cooler full of bait tipped over in the back of my truck on the way home. I think I got them all back into the cooler. I'll know for sure in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment