Friday, May 14, 2010

High and muddy

I checked out the Skunk River this afternoon and as expected the water was up and over the gravel road that runs along the river. Two spots of interest to me looked like they might be fishable in a couple days. A few guys were snagging and I heard of one flathead that was snagged. His estimated weight was about 20 lbs. Since fishing is out of the question in this area due to all the rain I knocked a few more items off of my to do list. There is still a lot to do around here but I guess I have the whole weekend. Chub, a friend from work who has been fishing with me this year, was home mowing the grass and trying to get caught up on his chores as well. He is worth a laugh or two when we are on the water. I think he is trying to set a record for feeding the river the most sinkers in one year. I already told him if he catches one more perch I'm going to make him swim back to the truck. He thinks I'm joking!

Visit sliprig.com. Why you ask. Why not! Oh, if you contribute to our website you might win an Abu Garcia 6500C3

No comments:

Post a Comment