Monday, May 24, 2010

?

It was 91 when I left the house and went to the river to meet Chub. We fished for about 4 hours this evening and only put 2 fish in the boat. I caught a channel cat and he caught a flathead. He wanted me to let everybody know I caught the perch today. Anyway, thats done. I think both fish went for the sunfish. I did try a few chubs but thats how I ended up with the perch. At one point we thought we were getting bites from smaller fish so I switched to stink bait just to see who was down there. Nobody was home. Did I mention that it was hot?

I stopped at the dam at Oakland to catch a couple shad for the evening fishing. Terry was there throwing his cast net and catching more shad for the freezer. I don't know how he throws that net without getting it snagged up every time. I'll have to see if he can fit me in for a few lessons sometime.

Let us know how your fishing is going. Better yet, send a picture and prove it.

Good luck, Roy

No comments:

Post a Comment