Sunday, May 16, 2010

Another weekend gone

It is Sunday afternoon, maybe early evening, I'm not really sure. Anyway, another weekend and it has rained on my parade both days. With the river running so high I guess it doesn't really matter if it rained or not. There wasn't going to be much fishing going on anyway. There won't be any fishing next weekend either if it doesn't stop raining though.

There are a couple spots at Oakland that offer good fishing when the water is high but way to many people know about them. Who ever is lucky enough to get those spots rarely gives it up. I have seen people sit all weekend so they wouldn't lose "the spot". It is getting bad when a guy has to call his wife or who ever to bring them some more bait or food and water. Other fishermen will sit down there for hours and do nothing while waiting for "the spot" to open up. I have on ocassion done this my self but not anymore. I like to fish but I'm not going to camp out in my truck waiting for any spot. When the river gets down to a reasonable level I will put the boat in the water.

Spent a few hours in Burlington having luch and what not and of course I had to check out the Mississippi. Although the Miss is high, one runabout had just been launched and there was one other truck and trailer at the ramps. Lots of debris floating down the river.

Hey, did you see that Abu Garcia reel they are giving away at sliprig.com?

No comments:

Post a Comment