Monday, May 17, 2010

A lesson reinforced

Admittedly, I have been so disgusted by the weather lately that I haven't been in the mood to give fishing an honest effort. The high water has been enough to keep the boat in the garage and the competition for the few productive spots at Oakland has been enough to make me turn around and go home several times. During my almost daily visit to the river to check on the goings on, I saw that someone who doesn't fish there regularly had caught a nice flathead. Somewhere between 10 and 15 pounds. On sunfish I believe.

Once again, somebody who got off of their butt and went to the river caught a nice fish. The guy that didn't, me in this case, who was to busy being ticked at the weather and the river and anything else that came to mind caught nothing. The good news is that the message, stop feeling sorry for yourself, stop being mad at the world and just go do what you know how to do, got through my thick skull again. After work tomorrow I am heading straight down to the river and I'm going to fish. I will fish somehwere because somewhere is better than no where.

Take care and good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment