Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Rain, again?

I had plans to go fishing this afternoon but the sky grew dark, thunder rolled and then it hit the fan. The rain only lasted about 15 to 20 minutes. The radar showed some more rain coming so I cancelled my plans to fish. So far no round 2. Mother nature is doing a good job of keeping us guessing.

Update: I had plans to fish this evening but canceled those plans due to a storm that went through the area early this afternoon and a radar picture that showed more storms to the south and moving north. Well, those storms didn't hit us. I drove down to the river 7:30 p.m.to see what was going and what I witnessed was a little upsetting. I watched one fisherman catch 5 channel cats, nothing big, just two pounders, in about 20 minutes using just one rod. I blew it!

There is some more bad weather coming this way and I'm guessing that the high pressure between the two fronts is responsible for the sudden upswing in the fishing action.

Did I mention that I blew it?

No comments:

Post a Comment