Saturday, November 20, 2010

What to do?

Hopefully you heeded my winter survival advice and are still with me. With thoughts of catching a catfish swirling around in the back of my head I pulled the mower deck off my mower and put the snow blade on. Believe me I am in no hurry for even the slightest amount of snow but if we are going to get it I will be ready. I say lets face it head on and get it done so we can go fishing.

I usually check the local stores for any fishing gear that might be marked down after the fishing is done. Last week I found a favorite rod of mine was marked down almost 50%. I found it in a farm and home type store that also carries a good amount of hunting and fishing gear. It is a heavier rod 20 to 50 pound test rating. It should work great if I can ever get hooked up with a big flathead. I bought a rod just like it a couple years ago and have used it for channel cats even though it was a little overkill, especially with a 7000 on it. Hopefully, if the weather and river cooperate next spring I can put the pair of big rods on some big cats

No comments:

Post a Comment