Sunday, November 28, 2010

it's over

As Thanksgiving approached I looked forward to having the extra time off from work but now looking back on the long holiday weekend it seems to have gone by so fast. Back to work tomorrow! I spent most of the day organizing the utility boxes that I use for tackle boxes and have them condensed down to two small boxes that will fit in the glove box of my boat. I have two other small utility boxes, one that is used when I am out to catch bait and a pocket sized box that I carry when I fish from the bank. It always seems that just when I think I have my boat and gear set up the way I want it I get another "great" idea to make it a little better. I don't know if I am actually making things better or not but one thing is for sure, all of my "great" ideas help me pass a lot of time in the winter. I took a drive down by the river this afternoon and to my surprise there were three trucks and trailers at the Water Works boat ramp. I would have liked to have been there when they got back to the ramp but didn't feel like waiting. The new 2011 fishing regs are out. The biggest change as far as I am concerned is that there is no snagging from the dam at Oakland Mills down to the Faulkners boat ramp. Boy there are going to be some ticked off people. Waa! If you haven't seen the new regs, be prepared. DNR put a mexican man and his little mexican boy on the cover. The good thing about this is that they actually have a rod and reel instead of a soda bottle with line wrapped around it.

To those who have to go back to work tomorrow, I feel your pain! To those who don't, well...

No comments:

Post a Comment