Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tinkering

I spent the day in the garage tinkerin' around with fishing tackle and equipment just to have something to do. During the fishing season things have a tendency to get a little scrambled so I always have cleaning up that mess to look forward to. Loose hooks, swivels, bits of line and maybe a dehydrated chub or sunfish or two in the bottom of the boat under the floor. At one point I decided to take a drive out to the bait store just to see what was going on and found it to be as exciting as my place.
I'm planning on bulding a shad tank sometime this winter. In the past I have been able to keep just a couple shad alive in a regular cooler for a short period of time so I'm hoping this tank will enable me to keep a dozen or so shad for an extended period. I think it is as simple as getting a round tank and putting a couple aerators in it. One external air pump and one aerator type submerged pump that will circulate and oxygenate the water. The key to keeping shad alive is to keep the water moving and keep plenty of oxygen in the water. I already have the aerators so I'm looking for a tank or barrel.

No comments:

Post a Comment