Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Catching hell, not catfish

My fishing season has come to an end and its times like these that I have a difficult time coming up with anything worth posting on this blog. In addition to suffering through the pain of the next four months I have to catch hell from one or two knuckleheads because I don't spend enough time on the computer and the blog. Here I am!

My first thought tonight personal hygiene. We all know catfishing can be a little messy but some of us forget to wash our hands on a regular basis. Keeping your hands free of shad gut or blood bait is really important because you never know when a talent scout might happen through your area looking for the next super hand model. Keep those nails clean. HAHA Terry!

Our next issue is boats with carpeted floors. I don't really care one way or the other but my personal preference is to leave the carpet in the house because I don't believe there is a carpet cleaner out there that will get blood bait out of a carpet. One fishing buddy of mine has a boat with carpet in it and he said I would have to take my shoes off if I went in his boat. I think he carries a bottle of stain remover on board just in case. I'm glad its November and I have four months to figure out if I want to fish bare footed. HAHA Chub!

Seriously though. I'm just joking with a few guys I know. Fishing wouldn't be the same if I couldn't laugh at them once in a while. I think they have laughed at me a time or two even though I didn't like it.

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree that carpet has no place in a catfish boat. It always amazes me that folks will buy a new boat with carpet in it and then slinkg cheese baits all over it or lay a big blue catfish in the floor and not understand why they cannot get it clean. Shad scales are a whole different story on their own.

    Great website. Keep up the good work!

    Chad Ferguson
    http://www.learntocatchcatfish.com

    ReplyDelete