Sunday, June 5, 2011

Rain

Well, let me think. I guess there is some good news in that the Skunk River has dropped four feet since yesterday. Now the bad news. We got more rain this morning from a hella thunderstorm that went through at 5 A.M. and gave me an unwanted wake up call. Oh, I need to tell you the rest of the bad news. The Skunk River will probably come back up four feet. Yea I know, its great! Wait, it gets better. A flash flood warning is scrolling across the bottom of the TV screen right now. Even better than that, The Weather Channel is showing rain and storms for five out of the next seven days. Now its really great. Sorry about the sarcasm but I almost tired of it. The Weather Channel must be making a ton of money. I know my TV is on The Weather Channel more than any other channel.




Mt intentions when I started this blog was to write about catfish and related subjects but it has become more of a miserable weather blog. Sorry! Maybe someday we can get back to fishing. So have you had your boat in the water lately?


UPDATE: While I was sitting in the house feeling sorry for myself, T.C. was down at Oakland Mills catching catfish and one big ol' carp. That proves it, even though conditions aren't perfect you have a better chance of catching your fish if you are on the river than you do if you are sitting in the house whining about the weather. Someday it will sink in, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment