Sunday, March 27, 2011

Still cold, still windy

I was the only one on the dam this morning and now I know why. It was cold, windy and not one fish hit the beach. I got lots of bites but wasn't able to hook'em. It almost had to be fiddlers that were pecking away at the nightcrawlers.


I recently switched from 20# to 30# test on by smaller bait casters in an effort to save more swivels and sinkers from snags and found that they don't cast as well with heavier line. I knew the heavier line effected the casting of spinning reels but didn't realize it would have such an effect on bait casters. Additionally, I found that after casting 20# test line consistently for four or five years, the switch to heavier line had a dramatic effect on my casting accuracy. It was almost impossible to deliver a bait precisely where I wanted it. Almost felt like a rooky.

No comments:

Post a Comment