Sunday, March 13, 2011

Fire the weather man!

After seeing that all the weather organizations were saying our high temperature was going to be somewhere in the low forties I made plans to drag the old Sea Ark down to the river, back it down the ramp and get it running after a long winter sitting in the garage. The weather man really dropped the stink bait today. We barely cleared the thirty degree mark. If I'm not mistaken it reached thirty two. Did I mention the wind chill was in the low twenties all day. Now they are saying that three out of the last four days of this coming week are going to be wet. Needless to say I didn't get my boat started today. I'm thinking about starting a petition to have the weathermen banished from the weather business.
All was not lost though. I spent a little time in the garage tying up a lot of little loose ends like stowing the life jackets, putting the anchors in place and checking the boat bag to make sure all the necessities are there. Yes, toilet paper is on the list and in the boat bag. You never know, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment