Friday, March 25, 2011

Rising water/cooler temps

Although the air temps are twenty and thirty degrees below we had about a week ago, the water has been rising (about a foot) for about two days and the fish are biting. As usual they are going after the nightcrawlers and it only took a few minutes for them to start hitting the bait each time. Although I had constant action on two rods I only landed two small channel cats. Another fisherman who had been there for about seven hours had eight(?) in the basket. Five channel cats and three flatheads. All small, but catfish none the less. There had to be some big ones out there but the little ones were all over the bait and the big guys didn't have a chance to find it. The down side tonight was that I was under dressed so I was cold and the sun went down. I was still getting bites when I left at dark but it was time to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment