Sunday, December 5, 2010

I ran into Terry down at Oakland Mills yesterday so I ran home, grabbed his reel and headed back down to the river and handed over the goods. There is no doubt he enjoyed it more than I did. I would have like to add that reel to my collection. Anyway, enjoy the reel Terry!.

I slacked off yesterday and didn't get much done but this morning I did get back to the trap I'm trying to finish. One more funnel to build and add to the trap and it will be done. The door, tag and tie line are in place already. I might get bored enough later and finish it just to have something to do.

For years I have watched countless trophy size flatheads and channel cats being taken illegally or tossed back into the river with injuries that were probably fatal by the snaggers at Oakland Mills but finally those days have come to an end. In 2011 snagging will be illegal below the Oakland Mills dam on the Skunk River, just south of Mt. Pleasant, Ia.

No comments:

Post a Comment