Saturday, December 18, 2010

Deer season, not cat season

My older brother and I went on a ride about just to see what was going on out in the deer woods. We didn't see any deer and just one group of hunters standing around three pickups with their orange on. So I guess we didn't see anyone really hunting. Things have changed or atleast it seems that way. All the local creeks and the Skunk River are froze over. The only way I can describe how I feel when I see "my" river frozen over is to compare it to a kid finally making it to Disneyland or Six Flags and the park is closed. Damn I'm a big baby! Don't say it, either one of you!

My big accomplishment today was getting the barrel cut in half for the shad tank I'm building. As you might think it was a little cold outside but it's done. I wonder how many days until the shad start running? Has winter even started yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment