Sunday, June 6, 2010

Vacation day 13

Rain. The river was coming up again. I rode up to Iowa City with Chub. He had to pick up an item he ordered from Scheels. Of course we had to visit Fin And Feather so I could look at my next fishing pole. Someday!

After yet another storm cleared, right around 9 p.m., Chub, Bill and I hit the dam for about 5 hours. People did catch fish from one end of the dam to the other, small channel cats on nightcrawlers and flatheads on sunfish and bullheads. The two biggest were a 25 (my digital scale) caught by Jim of Big Creek Outdoor Supply in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa and a 19 (spring scale) by an unknown angler. The fishing seemed to die off around 12:30 a.m. or 1 a.m. but we stuck it out until 2 .M. There were two anglers on the dam when we left and one of them was out on the end of the dam and still catching small flatheads.

No comments:

Post a Comment