Saturday, June 19, 2010

Rain, high water and idle time

The good news is, it hasn't rained today, I think! I went to bed around 11:30 p.m. last night and I think the rain was over. I don't think it rained after midnight. Anyway! The Skunk is out and across the roads down around Oakland Mills. There won't be any fishing for a while. Because I can't get out and break or dirty up any gear, I have been slowly getting it cleaned up and stored because who knows when we'll ever be able to use it. I've never done it before but I have been thinking about taking an Abu Garcia 6500 or 7000 apart to clean and lube it. I haven't got the nerve to do it yet.

A new fishing buddy, Terry from Winfield, Iowa, might be celebrating a birthday today. If you are, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I caught the birthday announcements on a local radio station the other day and I believe I heard his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment