Monday, May 16, 2011

Banner day

After the river came up over four feet yesterday and the air temp dropped to 36 degrees over night I wasn't sure what to expect at the river this morning. I decided to try the dam at Oakland Mills and only got one bite so I moved down river and fished along the rocks in Lou's hole to see if the flatheads were still there. The morning outing proved the flatheads were still there as I caught eight along with one channel cat. The afternoon turned out even better with at least a dozen more flatheads, the biggest of the day was just under nine pounds. Suprisingly the bite slowed down closer to evening. I was hoping the bite would pick up and I might connect with a bigger one but that didn't happen. It slowed down enough that I packed it up and made it home before dark for the first time in over a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment