Sunday, October 10, 2010

We're back!

I know its been a while but I'll try to get back into it. Here we go. My plans to fish last Sunday were scrapped because my 20 year old daughter rolled her (and by "her" I mean mine) car a couple times in a ditch. Fast forward to this weekend. I did manage to fish a little yesterday (and by "yesterday" I mean Saturday). Small channels were biting fairly quickly on a popular regional "stink bait" so I decided to try three other brands I had in the boat. Not a bite. Needless to say I switched back to the one that works. I probably caught my limit with the biggest being three (?) pounds. In the course of my fishing up the Skunk River I manage to tweak my back. Fast forward to today, I can barely get up and down or walk. Hopefully it will loosen up soon because I would like to get back on the water.

Fishing notes. About the only bait working is stink bait and maybe a nightcrawler. All but a few of the fish came from the back side of log jams, slack water? Water 59, fish still scattered around log jams.

No comments:

Post a Comment