Saturday, October 16, 2010

Frosty catfishing

Chub and I put the boat in the river about eight o'clock this morning and a half hour later I was suffering from a mild case of frost bite but I was catching catfish. We didn't catch anything big but ended up with over twenty of them. Most were caught on stink bait but a couple of the bigger ones took nightcrawlers. Chub caught the biggest and the smallest of the bunch. We were fishing on the Skunk River near Rome, Iowa so we tied the boat up, climbed the river bank and walked to Deano's Restaurant for lunch. When I made it back to town and got my chores done I took all the fish to Gavin's Pond. His mom and dad just built a house on a small pond and I'm helping them put a few fish in it for Gavin to catch in a few years. There wasn't much traffic on the river until about 11:30 which was about to late because the bite had tapered of by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment