Thursday, April 29, 2010

Almost there

Wanted to check out the river so I grabbed some chubs and sunfish that I had been keeping in my modified cooler baitwell and headed out. I have a culvert that I use to monitor the water level. When the water is about half way up that culvert it's time to soak some bait. It's almost there. The Skunk is dropping pretty good so the fishing should pick up just about the time most of us have to put our rods away and start thinking about going back to work. If thats the case I might have to launch the boat Monday or Tuesday evening. I just ran my bait traps because I wanted to collect the bait and pull the traps just in case the weather man is right about tomorrow night. It's difficult to count chubs when they are swimming around but I'm guessing there is close to five dozen. Oh I almost forgot, I did catch a half a dozen small flatheads on my little recon mission.
Visit sliprig.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment