Thursday, April 22, 2010

Couldn't give it away

After almost 2 weeks of fast action you couldn't give bait away tonight. Some how I just had a feeling that it would be slow this evening. I decided not to launch the boat tonight so I fished from the bank below the dam at Oakland just in case the bad weather set in early. A few small ones were caught from the dam. I did catch one flathead (about 3 pounds) on a chub.
This was the first time I have fished from the bank this year and I have to say I was disgusted by the amount of trash that has been left behind by other fishermen. Beer cans, bait containers and many other types of trash line the banks of our river and it is still April. It reminded me of something I saw earlier this year at the dam below the Coralville Reservoir. A bird nest had fallen out of a tree and I noticed that part of the material used to make the nest was fishing line that somebody had left on the bank. Sure it was a good choice of material to hold the nest together but I wondered how easy would it be for the baby birds to get caught up in the line.

Visit sliprig.com and register for our newsletter. You will be eligible to win the Abu Garcia 6500C3 in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment