Sunday, July 3, 2011

Found boat ramps

I found two boat ramps on the Skunk that are just minutes from the Mississippi but neither one was in any shape to be used. The first, at Indian Park, was covered in a foot of mud and I'm not even sure if it is concrete or not. The second, Skunk River Access in Lee County was also covered in a foot of mud but it was definitely concrete because I could see the very top of the ramp. There were two trucks and trailers at this ramp. They had backed through th emud to launch their boats. I'm a little surprised they didn't get stuck.

At Oakland Mills there was a lot of activity on and around the dam with not a lot happening. Just a bunch of people getting chewed up by mosquitos. No boats were on the Skunk but it was about 6:30 P.M. when I drove through the area.

More changes at SLIP RIG, check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment