Saturday, March 27, 2010

Ice out cats

Last of the ice has been gone only a couple weeks. Conditions today; slowly falling water, 27 degrees at 7:30am, water temp 47.2 degrees. I fished a local tailrace first thing this morning. Caught several small channel cats on nightcrawlers, nothing I would keep. Decided to fish a feeder creek about 20 minutes up river. Was hoping the water would be slower and warmer and provide better fishing. Upon arrival, water was slower but slightly cooler than the river, probably because the air temp had dropped to 27 the night before. Caught more fish in the creek than I did in the river but the average size was smaller. I used nightcrawlers and dip bait but caught most of the fish on the stinky stuff. I tried shrimp in both locations and did get a bite or two but didn't catch any on it.

Visit sliprig.com and sign up to win a Abu Garcia 6500C3, on December 1, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment